Pieris Pharmaceuticals (Nasdaq: PIRS) is a publicly-traded, clinical-stage biotechnology company with operations in Germany and the United States. Pieris specializes in the discovery and development of Anticalin® protein-based drugs to target validated disease pathways in a unique and transformative way. Our pipeline includes inhalable Anticalin proteins to treat respiratory diseases, immuno-oncology multi-specifics tailored for the tumor microenvironment, and a half-life-optimized Anticalin protein to treat anemia. Proprietary to Pieris, Anticalin proteins are a novel class of therapeutics validated in the clinic and by partnerships with leading pharmaceutical companies.
To strengthen our team, we are looking for a:
(Senior) Scientist Bioinformatician / Computational Biologist (m/f/d)
- Use and maintain bioinformatics pipelines for omics data analysis for both in-house and publicly available data
- Support pre-clinical and clinical projects as the responsible Computational Biologist
- Develop and maintain interactive applications that provide other scientists ability to explore omics data from variety of projects
- Develop, maintain and expand our database with relevant in-house and publicly available data
- Maintain computational infrastructure, namely our linux-based computational server and all related software
- Monitor recent scientific literature for novel computational methods and omics technologies, and provide guidelines on usability of methods to answer specific questions
- MSc with 2 years of industrial experience or Ph.D in bioinformatics, software development, mathematics, statistics or related discipline
- Experience in omics data analysis (either from industry or through PhD) in one or several of the following areas: mutations identification and characterization based on DNA-seq data (WGS, WES); proteomics data analysis; gene expression profiling; image data analysis (IHC/ISH) with interest in integrating image and omics data
- Experience or demonstrated knowledge in database development (SQLite)
- Familiarity with Linux operating systems and Bash/shell scripting
- Knowledge of R programming language
- Familiarity with git and collaborative software development
- Willingness to learn new concepts, skills and data types, ability to be self-organized and independent
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
We are a fast-growing biotechnology company with approximately 120 employees at our sites in Freising (Greater Munich Area) and Boston (USA). We work in flat hierarchies with short decision-making paths and offer a working environment characterized by cooperation and innovation.
Each of our employees participates in a bonus program based on the achievement of individual and company-wide goals. In addition, we offer each employee the opportunity to participate in a stock savings plan and a stock option program that allows employees to benefit directly from the company's success. Numerous social benefits such as additional employer-financed company health insurance, free drinks, fruit baskets, etc. round off our overall package. Creative employee events take place several times a year, as team spirit is essential for us. The joint creation of an innovative and participative corporate culture is an important concern for us.