Pieris Pharmaceuticals (Nasdaq: PIRS) is a publicly-traded, clinical-stage biotechnology company with operations in Germany and the United States. Pieris specializes in the discovery and development of Anticalin® protein-based drugs to target validated disease pathways in a unique and transformative way. Our pipeline includes inhalable Anticalin proteins to treat respiratory diseases, immuno-oncology multi-specifics tailored for the tumor microenvironment, and a half-life-optimized Anticalin protein to treat anemia. Proprietary to Pieris, Anticalin proteins are a novel class of therapeutics validated in the clinic and by partnerships with leading pharmaceutical companies.
To strengthen our team, we are looking for an experienced:
Project Leader, Discovery & Early Development (m/f/d)
- Lead one or more cross-functional project teams in a matrix environment
- Develop the project strategy, set up research plans (including budget and FTE needs) and lead project teams to execute the plan to successful completion
- Monitor project progress, timelines, budget, resource allocation and risks. Develop mitigation plans and corrective actions should deviations occur
- Within our matrix environment, closely interact with functional area heads, group leaders and lead scientists from the different R&D departments to guide projects from Anticalin selection and characterization to drug candidate nomination and towards IND
- Analyze data, consult with functional area experts and make data-driven decisions
- Interact with our collaboration partners through scientific team meetings and steering meetings
- Act as central point of communication for your project(s)
- Report project progress to Pieris’ Senior Management and lead projects through Pieris’ governance committees and review processes
- This position will report to the Head of Project Leadership
- PhD degree or equivalent in Life Sciences
- 3+ years of experience in Biotech or Pharma
- 2+ years of experience in leading cross-functional project teams in a matrix
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong scientific background and deep knowledge on the discovery of therapeutic proteins (i.e. antibodies and / or scaffold proteins)
- Proven team player with excellent communication skills in English (oral and written)
- Experience in phage display technologies, hands-on protein analytics, protein expression, molecular biology, protein engineering, preclinical development, working with external partners and in respiratory diseases is a plus
We are a fast-growing biotechnology company with approximately 130 employees at our sites in Freising (Greater Munich Area) and Boston (USA). We work in flat hierarchies with short decision-making paths and offer a working environment characterized by cooperation and innovation. Each of our employees participates in a bonus program based on the achievement of individual and company-wide goals. In addition, we offer each employee the opportunity to participate in a stock savings plan and a stock option program that allows employees to benefit directly from the company's success.
Numerous social benefits such as additional employer-financed company health insurance, free drinks, fruit baskets etc. as well as a bright, friendly and ultra-modern working environment with excellent technical equipment in our new company building in Hallbergmoos (from January 2020) round off our overall package. Creative employee events take place several times a year, as team spirit is essential for us. The joint creation of an innovative and participative corporate culture is an important concern for us.
We look forward to receiving your application via
Mr. Michael Ade (michael.ade@STRAMMER.COM); Phone: + 49 160 9381 4012.