Pieris Pharmaceuticals is a publicly traded biotechnology company (Nasdaq: PIRS) with operations in Germany and the United States, specializing in the discovery and development of anticalin-based drugs to address validated disease pathways individually and transformatively. Together with our partners, we carry out innovative research in the fields of immuno-oncology, respiratory diseases and ophthalmology. Pieris' proprietary Anticalin proteins are a novel class of drugs validated by clinical trials and partnerships with leading pharmaceutical companies.
To strengthen our team, we are looking for an experienced
Project Leader, Discovery & Early Development (m/f/d)Pieris is in an exciting growth phase, advancing multiple novel next generation therapeutic protein drug candidates and having several ongoing therapeutic partnerships with renowned global biopharmaceutical companies. We are seeking to strengthen our team with a strong Project Leader for early stage respiratory programs. The position requires an enthusiastic and self-motivated person with a strong scientific background and excellent organization skills.
- Overall project leadership from de novo Anticalin selection projects of innovative respiratory discovery projects to a defined preclinical stage
- Within our matrix structure you will closely interact with functional area heads, group leaders and lead scientists from the different R&D departments to guide the projects from Anticalin selection and characterization to drug candidate nomination and towards IND
- You will analyze data, consult with functional area experts and make data-driven decisions
- You will have the lead for setting up research plans including budget and FTE needs and leading the project according to the plan to successful completion
- You will monitor project progress, timelines, budget, resource allocation and develop corrective actions if deviations occur
- You are central point of communication to ensure that all project team members understand project goals and objectives, timelines, critical path activities and activities that may become critical path activities
- You will be the key scientific contact for your projects both internally and externally
- You will report the project progress to Pieris’ senior management and defend the project through Pieris’ governance committees and review processes
- You will be responsible for the scientific interaction with our collaboration partners through scientific team meetings and in steering meetings
- PhD degree or equivalent in Life Sciences with 3+ years of experience in biotech or pharma including at least 1 year as project leader in a similar role
- Strong scientific background and deep knowledge on the discovery of therapeutic proteins i.e. antibodies and / or scaffold proteins
- Strong project leadership skills and experience in leading multidisciplinary project teams
- Experience in phage display technologies required, experience in respiratory is highly desired
- Hands-on experience in protein analytics, protein expression, molecular biology and protein engineering is a plus
- Proven team player with excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills
We are a fast-growing biotechnology company with approximately 120 employees at our sites in Freising (Greater Munich Area) and Boston (USA). We work in flat hierarchies with short decision-making paths and offer a working environment characterized by cooperation and innovation. Each of our employees participates in a bonus program based on the achievement of individual and company-wide goals. In addition, we offer each employee the opportunity to participate in a stock savings plan and a stock option program that allows employees to benefit directly from the company's success.
Numerous social benefits such as additional employer-financed company health insurance, free drinks, fruit baskets etc. as well as a bright, friendly and ultra-modern working environment with excellent technical equipment in our new company building in Hallbergmoos (from January 2020) round off our overall package. Creative employee events take place several times a year, as team spirit is essential for us. The joint creation of an innovative and participative corporate culture is an important concern for us.
We look forward to receiving your application via
Mr. Michael Ade (michael.ade@STRAMMER.COM); Phone: + 49 160 9381 4012.